High overload capacity, efficient and low-noise: MOVIMOT® performance combines the highly dynamic CM3C.. series synchronous motor with the tried-and-tested decentralized frequency inverter to form a compact drive unit. MOVIMOT® performance can be flexibly combined with any standard gear unit or servo gear unit and is compatible with all standard Ethernet-based infrastructures.
Drive unit with integrated, decentralized inverter
MOVIMOT® performance complements the existing MOVI-C® products in terms of functions and consistency and extends the range of possible applications for our decentralized drive technology, which has been proving its worth for decades.
By combining the energy-efficient synchronous motor from the new CM3C.. series with the integrated decentralized inverter, the drive unit surpasses the maximum system efficiency IES2 to IEC 61800-9-2.
The integrated digital interface ensures quick, easy and convenient startup, even with the widest range of gearmotor options.
Encoder or sensor signals can be evaluated without additional installation work. MOVIMOT® performance can be combined with all standard gear units in series 7 and 9 for versatile and flexible use. The drive unit can also be combined with our servo gear units.
Just as with other MOVI‑C® products, integration into various automation topologies is achieved using any standard means of communication.
The optional Dynastop® electrodynamic deceleration function can in many cases replace a mechanical brake, thus cutting costs and minimizing wear.
The new MOVIMOT® performance drive unit also boasts outstanding dynamics and high overload capacity.
Get in touch with us.
- Our experts know your industry and requirements.
- Our global network ensures we are there wherever and whenever you need us.
- We have the expertise and the tools to provide optimum support and advice.
The benefits for you
Consistencyas the standardized MOVI-C® portfolio makes it very easy to decide between control cabinet installation and decentralized installation.
Modularitythanks to the MOVIMOT® performance drive being compatible with all standard gear unit series and our servo gear unit series.
Easy installationthanks to optional plug connectors and integrated MOVILINK® DDI digital interface.
Maximum energy efficiencyincluding in the partial-load range, thanks to combining a decentralized inverter with synchronous motors in efficiency class IE5 and a system efficiency class of IES2.
Reduced supply infrastructurethanks to an overload capacity of up to 300% of the nominal torque.
- Tried-and-tested modular system: Synchronous motor, decentralized inverter and optional gear unit combine to create a drive unit.
- MOVILINK® DDI: The digital motor interface that saves you valuable time by eliminating the need for manual motor startup.
- MOVIKIT®: The software modules that make it possible to have a standardized communication interface in the MOVI‑C® modular automation system.
- Encoder for positioning and extended control range
- Single-turn encoder /EZ2Z
- Multi-turn encoder /AZ2Z
- Degree of protection: Standard IP65 to EN 60529
- Ambient temperature: -25 °C to +60 °C
- Overload capacity up to 300%
- Prevents oversizing in static operation
- Reduces the installed size of the necessary supply infrastructure
- Avoids overloading thanks to integrated safety mechanisms
- Communication/installation variants:
- DFC – Direct Fieldbus Communication (PROFINET, EtherNet/IPTM, Modbus TCP, POWERLINK)
- DSI – Direct Systembus Installation (EtherCAT®/SBusPLUS ,EtherCAT®/CiA402)
- DBC – Direct Binary Communication
- DAC – Direct AS-Interface Communication
- Functional safety
- Integrated STO (Safe Torque Off) safety function via terminal to IEC 61800-5-2
- Integrated STO safety function with SS1c via safe PROFIsafe (PROFINET) bus system to IEC 61800-5-2, FSoE (EtherCAT®/SBusPLUS) In preparation: CIP safety (EtherNet/IPTM)
- Safety Integrity Level 3 (SIL3) to EN 61800-5-2: 2017, EN 61508: 2010
- PL e to EN ISO 13849-1: 2015
- CE (Europe)
- In preparation: UL-approved (USA and Canada) / UkrSEPRO (Ukraine) / EAC (Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan)
- Energy-saving potential
- Motor efficiency to IEC 60034: corresponds with energy efficiency class IE5 to IEC TS 60034-30-2
- Drive system efficiency to IEC 61800-9-2 (Power Drive System)
- Surpasses the highest defined energy efficiency class IES2 to IEC 61800-9-2 for the system comprising motor and electronics
|Inverter assignment||2 A (0020)||2.5 A (0025)||3.2 A (0032)||4.0 A (0040)||4.0 A (0040)||5.5 A (0055)|
|Motor efficiency||89.1% ≙ IE5||90.0% ≙ IE5||90.4% ≙ IE5||87.6% ≙ IE5||87.9% ≙ IE5||88.4% ≙ IE5|
|Speed setting range without encoder||1:40||1:40||1:40||1:40||1:40||1:40|
|Speed setting range with encoder||1:2000||1:2000||1:2000||1:2000||1:2000||1:2000|
|Mass without brake
|Mass with brake
Areas of application
Boasting impressive flexibility and overload capacity, MOVIMOT® performance is our go-to expert for dynamics. It is ideal for all applications – from intelligent conveyor axes and simple lifting axes to positioning axes. The range of applications is enhanced even further thanks to an increased degree of protection, quiet operation without a fan and maximum energy efficiency.
Moritz Eble, product manager for decentralized drive technology:
"The MOVIMOT® performance drive unit creates new, impressive customer benefits by combining the CM3C.. series synchronous motor with the decentralized inverter. The digital motor integration ensures handling for customers remains easy and transparent. End-to-end compatibility with the MOVI-C® automation system means using MOVIMOT® performance in conjunction with other products in the MOVI-C® portfolio doesn't result in any changes to the user experience."