Choose from 21 sizes of gear units for use in potentially explosive atmospheres. Our helical gear units in II2GD version are the ideal combination of performance and low space requirements.
The classic: Versatility and performance, even in potentially explosive atmospheres
Our explosion-proof helical gear units have equipment group II approval for categorie 2. They drive systems and machines in potentially explosive atmospheres.
A total of six single-stage and 15 two and three-stage sizes cover a performance range of 50 Nm to
The R gear units also meet demands for high output speeds and light weight, of course. With a consistently high level of efficiency, our explosion-proof helical gear units offer an optimum ratio between torque output and installation space.
Only half the solution without a motor? Then use our sophisticated modular concept and combine the explosion-proof gear units of the R series with the explosion-proof motor of your choice.
RX / R / RM series explosion-proof helical gear units
- Gear units comply with directive 94/9/EC (ATEX), or as of April 20, 2016 of the EU Directive 2014/34/EU (ATEX), equipment group II, categorie 2, variant II2GD
- For use on the European market
- Accepted in China
- Accepted in Russia in combination with EAC certificates (formerly GOST-R)
- Certified protection types:
- Protection type “c”: Protected by safe construction (design safety), EN13463-1 and -5
- Protection type “k”: Protected by liquid immersion, EN13463-1 and -8
- All screws are secured against automatic loosening
- Gear unit has a separate nameplate
- High-quality oil seals
- Lubricant can withstand high temperatures
- Single or multi-stage
- Foot- or flange-mounted
- Foot- and flange-mounted
- Flange-mounted with extended bearing hub