Your materials handling application requires top speed but allows little room and weight for the drive? In this case, we recommend SPIROPLAN® right-angle gear units: our lightweights.
Our smallest right-angle gear units: powerful with wear-free gearing
What is special about SPIROPLAN® right-angle gear units is their wear-free gearing. It ensures that the power is transmitted reliably and adjusts the speed in your materials handling system.
With this gearing, our SPIROPLAN® right-angle gear units deliver output torques up to 180 Nm in the power range from 0.09 kW to 3 kW.
The steel-steel material combination and the special tooth meshing enable a short gear unit design for space-saving installation of the drives.
It's the details that make the difference
Thanks to their aluminum housing, these right-angle gear units are real lightweights. Their special gearing and lubrication for life ensure that they require very little maintenance. These gear units are designed for long and reliable operation. No compromises: The SPIROPLAN® right-angle gear units are suitable for almost any drive task due to their many design variants.
Only half the solution without a motor? Then use our modular concept and combine the gear units of the W series with an AC motor to a W..DR.. SPIROPLAN® right-angle gearmotor, or with a servomotor to a W..CMP SPIROPLAN® servo right-angle gearmotor of your choice. Or simply choose the separate AC motor or servomotor that meets your requirements.
A few technical details of the new W..9 gearbox
Our development engineers have set a new standard with the W..9 transmissions. The objectives for the new development were high efficiency, low noise and light weight.
At the same time, a wide range of design variants and a large transmission ratio range should enable a wide variety of applications.
- 2-/3-stage gear design
- SPIROPLAN® 1st stage gears ensure high efficiency.
- The helical gears of the 2nd/3rd stage enable high torques and a large and finely tuned transmission ratio range.
- Motor mounting via the SEW flange interface enables combination with our extensive modular motor system.
- High-performance synthetic polyglycol oils CLP PG are used to lubricate the gear teeth and friction points.
What is your benefit?
- An energy-efficient gear unit with high efficiency over the entire transmission ratio range.
- Quiet operation at any speed.
- The universal SEW interface allows you to install all SEW motors and their options and allows you to perform service and maintenance yourself.
- An improved service concept through the exclusive use of standard oils.
More power in a small space
The combination of new lubricants and new calculation methods that have been tested and certified in comprehensive and highly intensive procedures means we can offer you higher permitted torques for our small right-angle gear units in the SPIROPLAN ® series. Our W..10, W..20 and W..30 sizes benefit from the higher torques, particularly in the small gear ratio range. The increases in torque extend from +4% to +115% (see also technical data in the tables below).
Besides lubricating the gearing, gear oils also play a significant role in heat dissipation in gear units. Our new lubricants in the SEW GearOil series boost gear unit performance by reducing friction in the gearing and enhancing heat dissipation. Our SEW GearOil forms a highly effective lubrication film on the gear wheels, which increases the service life of both the lubricant itself and wear parts such as sealing rings and bearings.
The increased torques mean that, in the best-case scenarios, you can opt for a smaller size, as you can now accommodate higher torques in a smaller space or, if you cannot vary the gear unit size, you have greater safety/reserves in your drive.
It goes without saying that the increases in torque do not change any other factors. Our SPIROPLAN ® right-angle gearmotors become even more efficient, while continuing to offer the low-noise operation you're familiar with. Combined with our new, small DRN.. motors (DRN63, DRN71 and DRN80), they enable you to achieve energy efficiency class IE3 easily and cost-effectively in this configuration, too. Our right-angle gearmotors are true mini all-rounders.
Configure your individual product
- Detailed information about your individual product
- CAD data and documentation for your configuration
- Option to directly request a quotation or place an order
Efficient operationthanks to wear-free SPIROPLAN® gearing and minimized friction losses.
Light and compactdue to the aluminum housing and the specially designed gearing.
- Robust right-angle gear unit:
- Wear-free SPIROPLAN® gearing (steel-steel material combination) and special tooth meshing
- Minimized friction losses, optimized mechanical efficiency, reduced energy consumption
- Vibration-free running/operation
- Small gear unit ratios allow for high motor power and high speed
- Lightweight aluminum housing
- Identical hole spacing in the foot and face offer many different mounting options
- Mounting of gear unit sizes W10, W20, W30:
- The oil fill quantity is independent of the mounting position in these sizes
- Available variants:
- Foot- or flange-mounted
- B5 or B14 flange-mounted
- Solid shaft or hollow shaft
- Adapter mounting
- Asynchronous motor mounting:
- To gear unit sizes W10, W20, W30: Direct motor mounting
- To gear unit sizes W37, W47: Motor flange mounting
- Optionally available as:
W series / sizes 10, 20, 30, 37, 47
|Taglia W.. 10||Taglia W.. 20||Taglia W.. 30||Taglia W.. 29||Taglia W.. 39|
|Rapporto di trasmissione||i||6.75 – 75.00||6.75 – 75.00||6,57 – 75,00||4,68 – 188,47||4,72– 210,49|
|Coppia massima di uscita||Nm||30||45||69||130||200|
|Gamma di potenza del motore (attacco tramite adattatore motore AM)||kW||0.09 – 0.12||0.12 – 0.37||0,12 – 0,75||0,12 – 1.1||0,12 – 1,5|
Panoramica Aumento della coppia per W.. 10
|Rapporto i||MAmax Nuovo
Panoramica Aumento della coppia per W.. 20
|Rapporto i||MAmax Nuovo
Panoramica Aumento della coppia per W.. 30
|Rappporto i||MAmax Nuovo
Areas of application
- Small and fast-running conveyor belts in intralogistics
- Roller conveyors
- Belt conveyors
- Chip conveyors
- Sizes W10, W20, W30:
- Especially suitable for noise-sensitive work environments
- Sizes W37, W47:
- In shaft-mounted design especially suitable for hygienic applications in the food and beverage industry